Scooter Safety Tips To Keep Your College Student Safe
What You’ll Learn
当你阅读这些大学生摩托车骑手的安全提示和摩托车骑手的安全提示时, you’ll learn:
- Getting around on two wheels doesn’t have to be high risk. 无论是踏板车还是摩托车，使用聪明的安全策略可以让一切变得不同.
- In addition to teaching some safety tips, it’s important to have a culture of respect (for the vehicle, pedestrians, traffic laws, etc.) surrounding riding a scooter or motorcycle.
Is a Scooter Good Transportation for College?
This really depends on the student and the campus, but in general, yes, scooters are a great transportation option during college. There’s a reason so many campuses are full of all types of scooters, bicycles, mopeds, motorcycles, and other two-wheeled vehicles. For one, scooters and similar machines are often way more affordable than cars, 对于那些通常没有很多闲钱可以挥霍的大学生来说，这是有帮助的. Insurance is MUCH lower compared to having a car too.
- They make it easy to get around campus quickly, and they may even be allowed some places where cars aren’t.
- There are more available parking spots, which comes in handy on those campuses where parking is at a premium. Not only are the parking spots more abundant, but they are also often less expensive compared to car parking.
- They’re very fuel-efficient, sometimes getting as much as 70 to 100 miles per gallon, 这意味着对环境的影响更小，对油钱的需求也更少. In a time of rising oil and gas prices, this could be a huge savings.
- They’re fun to ride, especially when the weather is great. Zipping around a college campus on a light, easy to handle scooter is a terrific way to make happy memories.
虽然小型摩托车和轻便摩托车有很多优点，但它们仍然需要认真对待. Safety should always be a top priority which is why attending a Basic RiderCourse with Scooters makes a ton of sense.
How Can Being Unaware of Scooter or Moped Safety Increase Your Risk?
Most people know some unique risks associated with motorcycles, but they don’t always treat scooters and mopeds with the same care. 一些小型摩托车或助动车的驾驶者认为它们是玩具，而不是具有潜在危险的道路交通工具. No matter how big and powerful the engine is in a two-wheeled machine, the same focus on safety is still just as necessary. 有几个因素可能会导致在大学里骑摩托车或助动车的风险增加:
- Inexperience – If the driver isn’t very comfortable on this type of machine, or lacks overall driving experience, it can be harder to make smart choices and follow safety protocols.
- 能见度——因为小型摩托车和轻便摩托车都比较小，其他司机很难看到它们. This can add danger, 特别是在十字路口和其他能见度问题特别容易出现的情况下.
- 天气-变化的天气条件会使各种司机的工作更加困难, 但两轮车辆面临的挑战尤其突出，因为它们与道路的接触点较少，司机暴露在恶劣环境中.
- Road Conditions – If the roads around campus aren’t maintained very well, it can create difficult driving conditions. 在踏板车里撞到坑比在汽车里撞到坑要严重得多. 学习如何转弯避开坑洼等障碍物是车手安全课程的一部分.
How Can You Be Safe on a Scooter or Moped?
The first step is to educate yourself. Start with a Basic RiderCourse with Scooters to learn the correct techniques. 其次，要尊重摩托车、交通法规、行人和其他交通工具. Develop good safety habits. If this foundation is built and the rider takes the process seriously, everything else will fall into place a lot more quickly. 与摩托车相比，小型摩托车或助动车的速度或动力可能不是特别快, but they aren’t toys and should be taken seriously at all times.
Gear for Scooter Riders
A big part of reducing risk is wearing the appropriate gear. College students often want to look cool. 最新的骑行装备非常时尚，可以让骑行者在校园里骑行时看起来很酷. 优先考虑抗冲击和抗磨损，因为保护你的身体和大脑是非常重要的, but the latest in gear also keeps us looking good. Sadly, 骑齿轮经常被忽视，因为摩托车和助动车的骑手认为低速是低风险. Riders falsely think they cannot harm themselves in a low-speed tumble, but this couldn’t be further from the truth. 以步行的速度发生一次简单的碰撞就足以造成大脑或颈部损伤. 雷竞技app下载官方版iso在大学花了很多钱来教育雷竞技app下载官方版iso自己，让雷竞技app下载官方版iso的大脑充满知识. Protect that investment by wearing appropriate gear. 它可以很好地防止道路皮疹或更严重的损害，在事故发生.
Scooter and Scooter Braking
Next, it’s time to learn some technical skills like how to brake correctly. This seems intuitive, 但重要的是要考虑到你将如何处理你的机器. 你在停车的动作中跑得越舒服, 当你在紧急情况下不得不这么做的时候，你就会有更充分的准备. This includes knowing how to slow down and stop effectively.
Learn Where to Look
Your vision is arguably the most important skill you can work on for riding. Knowing when and where to look and when is a big deal, and it can come into play in numerous different situations:
- 360-degree situational awareness. When approaching an intersection, 展望未来可以帮助评估风险，并制定一个安全的计划，以便在危险出现时执行. Look at the roadway, signage, markings, other traffic, and pedestrians to ensure you know exactly what you’re heading toward.
- Vision is especially important for cornering. 决定在哪里进入和退出转弯可以帮助防止转弯过宽.
- 当你需要避开一个障碍时，避免目标固定会派上用场. Most riders have the instinct to stare at what they’re trying to avoid, but this could lead to riding into what we’re actually trying to avoid.
Practice Managing Intersections
As mentioned above, vision is a big part of managing intersections on two wheels. 良好的愿景实践可以帮助骑手提前识别和评估潜在的风险. 关于如何接近十字路口和如何成功地执行策略，还有很多东西需要学习. This comes down to practice, 最安全的学习方式是在经验丰富的马术教练的指导下学习.
This applies in more ways than one. 在路上保持警惕是很重要的，同时也要意识到风险. Things like Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month can go a long way toward helping with that. 与社区建立联系还可以让车手获得更多其他安全提示和技巧，同时促进持续学习.
Can 16-Year-Olds Ride a scooter?
任何年龄超过15岁6个月的个人都可以作为候选人获得摩托车背书，以添加到他们的驾驶执照上. If under the age of 18, 前六个月，即使他们参加了骑手培训课程，也需要限制驾驶员的条件. After a six-month permit period, 操作员可以申请在他们的驾驶执照上添加一个完整的背书.
An alternative would be to get a motorcycle-only license. When under 18, 上述条件适用，并且操作员需要在MVD参加“道路规则”测试，并参加骑手培训课程.
TEAM Arizona Motorcycle Rider Safety Course
Here at TEAM Arizona雷竞技app下载官方版iso为自己是亚利桑那州首屈一指的摩托车骑手培训组织而自豪. 雷竞技app下载官方版iso帮助每个阶段的骑手学习骑摩托车、踏板车和踏板车. We’re even offering new rider lessons for the back-to-school season, 特别是帮助大学生为他们的一生成功的骑行打下正确的基础，并帮助他们的父母对让他们的孩子骑摩托车的提议感到舒服. 今天就报名参加一门课程，帮助你的大学生享受他们的经历，并安全地在校园里走动.